Sunday 11 January 2015

What a Diet of 70% Saturated Fat Does to your Body -

What a Diet of 70% Saturated Fat Does to your Body -



When
describing how one should eat I always start out with an evolutionary
explanation. I inform my listener how for hundreds of thousands of years
our nomadic ancestors followed herd animals and gathered roots and
tubers to supplement their diet. Whenever a hunt was successful they
would consume the entire edible portion of the animal because the next
kill was never guaranteed. Taking all edible portions of the animals
into consideration, including the brain, bone marrow, suet, ect., the
caloric density of the animal is around 75% fat. Therefore our diets
would have evolved in the majority of fat.
If this explanation does not persuade my
listener, I then attack it from a physiological approach. I describe the
gylcemic index of foods and how the pancreas secretes insulin in
response to blood sugar. I explain how fat has the opposite effect of
carbohydrates on your insulin response and allows your body to burn
triglycerides for energy. I systematically break down how it is not
physically possible to become fat from eating saturated fat.
After all my efforts I still frequently get
the response “But doesn’t eating all that fat make you fat?” So here is
my next attempt in convincing the skeptics. Anecdotal proof. I have
been eating a diet of 70% saturated fat for the past three years and
here is what is has done to my body. In addition to looking great I feel
amazing. Come to our gym and witness it for yourself firsthand. Better
yet, come to our gym and allow us to change your life forever.
shirtoff