Monday 14 January 2013

My Abs After 2 Years of 4500 Calories & No Exercise - Dave Asprey

Abs After 2 Years of 4500 Calories & No Exercise - Dave Asprey


I’ve always told myself I’d never be one of those dorky guys who posts shirtless pictures of himself posing in front of a mirror holding a camera.

I was wrong, but I did it for a good cause.

It took years for me to test and verify that the quality and composition of food is far more important than the amount you eat or the amount and type of exercise you get. People don’t believe me when I tell them it’s possible. So in the name of demonstrating the difference between a plain paleo diet and the Bulletproof Diet, here’s how I look now even without exercise.

I couldn’t do this on a normal paleo diet because toxins in it keep inflammation going even when omega 6 fats are reduced.

The photo in this post is taken under these conditions:
  • I have slept less than 5 hours per night on average for 2 continuous years, on purpose, because I am busy.
  • I took the photo after I landed, following 20 hours in transit from Victoria, BC to the Philippines, by way of Narita, Japan, with no sleep along the way. The Crowne Plaza bathtub is behind me!
  • My grand total exercise in the last 2 years is 4 soft yoga classes completed 6 months ago, plus two five-minute kettelbell swing sessions two weeks before the photo. That’s it.
  • I have eaten between 4,000 and 4,500 calories per day on average of The Bulletproof Diet for 2 years
  • I used to weigh 300 lbs when I was obese
You tell me – would you be willing to cut toxins out of your diet and eat high amounts of healthy fat if it  let you look like this without wasting time on sleep or exercise? You can get even better results from exercise like crossfit and sleeping more too, of course, when you have time for them…

Links that explain how I do this:

About Dave Asprey

Dave Asprey is a Silicon Valley investor, computer security expert, and entrepreneur who spent 15 years and $250,000 to hack his own biology. He upgraded his brain by >20 IQ points, lowered his biological age, and lost 100 lbs without using calories or exercise. The Financial Times calls him a "bio-hacker who takes self-quantification to the extreme of self-experimentation." His writing has been published by the New York Times and Fortune, and he's presented at Wharton, Kellogg, the University of California, and Singularity University.