Thursday 18 April 2013

Who's tried the "Leangains" diet? - Health - Lifestyle

 
User #465388   180 posts
Participant
If you're one, how did you go on it?

Almost 1 yr on it and it has so many benefits its not funny. I have been using it to cut (9months) maintain (1 month) and now lean bulk (2 months).

I didn't lose any strength on my near 10kg cut, so can assume negligible muscle loss – and I'm not a beginner (training over 10yrs). At my lowest weight (74-75kg) was around 7% bf, and still deadlifted 200kg. I'm mid 30's and look/feel better than I ever have and I have always played sport, trained and been fit.

I now sleep better, I have more energy during the day. Its quite liberating as I don't need to continually be worried about eating every 2-3hrs. I just eat 2-3 big meals a day, cycle my carbs/fats.
Its great on holidays, all you can eat once or twice a day and no concern about going catabolic and loosing muscle.

It took 2-3 weeks to train the body that it doesn't need bfast as I had always eaten big breakfasts my whole life. Felt sick and all sorts, but after 2-3 weeks it just gets better. Haven't tried a 24hr fast yet. No real need.